Good Afternoon, DeKalb County School District Parent:
The candidate declaration window for your school’s Principal Advisory Council (formerly School Council) will be open through Friday, August 31st. Complete the form below to run for a position on our school’s Council.
Parent/Guardian Candidate Declaration Form
Formulario de Declaración de Candidatura de los Padres/Tutores
Principal Advisory Councils bring parents, school employees, students and community members together to create a better understanding of and mutual respect for each other's perspectives and share ideas for increasing student achievement and performance.
What is the role of the Principal Advisory Council?
- Act as a link between the school and the community
- Encourage the engagement of parents and other stakeholders within the school community
- Work to increase student achievement through transparent operations and shared best practices
- Review the Continuous School Improvement Plan and monitor progress toward goals
- Participate in the selection of the school principal
To learn more about the work of Principal Advisory Councils, visit:
The voting window for 2018-2019 elections will be open September 18 at 8:00 a.m. until September 25 at 5:00 p.m. Electronic ballots will be sent to the email address on file in Infinite Campus for parents/guardians and Outlook for teachers.
For more information, contact Kina Champion, School Governance Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (678) 676-0718. Further information can also be found at the DCSD website, at http://www.dekalbschoolsga.org.